Monday 17 February 2020

Long Time no hear

Well, it's been a long time since I put my thoughts down on electronic paper but as you get older and wiser you realise that time is running out to try and identify those things that irritate and make this world a less nice place to be part of.  Maybe I can find some nice things to refer to.  My latest obervation is one I have had opinions on for many years - the news media. Leveson has been and gone - no changes of any consequence after all that work.  IPSO is useless and the press contunes to set itself up as the guardians of everything that is good and decent.  The tragic death of Caroline Flack has again shown the tabloid press at its worst. I am not aware of this persons work but I do know that she is a human being with all the feelings that human beings have.  The media cannot stand the idea that someone is succesful.  It really is a British disease, this idea that all succesful people deserve to be knocked down and trampled into the dirt. Ms Flack did not deserve this treatment even if she is famous and the media yet again retreats under the stone that they live under. Help to get this matter revisited by signing the petition
https://www.change.org/p/secretary-of-state-for-digital-culture-media-and-sport-www-change-org-p-celebrities-exploiting-people-in-the-public-eye

No comments:

Post a Comment